Did you know that solar energy is the third-largest source of renewable energy in the world, and it’s continually growing? In the US, many solar companies are building large-scale industrial and residential solar systems. With every new project, the demand for manpower and equipment multiplies. It’s where Flex Fleet Canada can help companies looking to rent trucks for solar power construction.
Before we dive deeper into why you will benefit from our service, let’s explore solar power and the benefits of this growing industry!
What Is Solar Energy?
Solar energy is the incredible process of converting sunlight into energy or electricity. It entails using photovoltaics (PV) to convert light into electrical current. You can also create solar energy by using concentrated solar power. It’s when mirrors and lenses are used to form sunlight into a tiny beam. This method is environmentally friendly and widely used.
Solar power is inarguably the most reliable form of energy in areas with ample sunlight during the day. However, since solar power systems cannot produce electricity at night, their output will vary depending on how much sunlight the panels receive during the day.
In places where you cannot rely solely on solar energy completely, people tend to use other forms of generating electricity. As energy storage options more affordable and cost-effective, variable generation solar systems can couple their energy storage with batteries to prolong generation into the evening.
Benefits of Solar Power
Here are some undeniable benefits of solar energy:
- It’s a renewable source of energy, making it beneficial for the environment.
- It helps you reduce your electricity bills.
- Solar energy has a diverse application. You can use it to distill water, heat spaces, and even power satellites in space.
- It’s fairly low-maintenance as solar panels rarely get damaged.
- The world of solar energy continues to grow with new technology and innovation, making it more affordable.
All in all, solar power is certainly transforming the electrical grid across the US. Moreover, with new solar power projects, the industry continues to contribute to the country’s economy while strengthening local communities and providing job opportunities to thousands of citizens across all 50 US states. Lastly, it also helps promote environmental friendliness as it allows us to avoid 46 million metric tons of CO2 emissions yearly, which is equal to taking 10 million cars off the road!
The Future of Solar Power Construction
Did you know that there are about 12,000 major solar projects in the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) database? These projects represent more than 166GW of energy capacity. About 55GW of these solar projects are currently operational. Meanwhile, more than 110GW of large-scale solar energy construction projects are either underway or in the developmental stage.
These projects are in the works across the country. There is already one solar system in the works situated on 19,000 acres of land. Once completed, this plant will be the largest in the country. It will be able to provide electricity to 88,000 homes.
While SEIA cannot promise that every project on the database will be completed without fail, it does its best to minimize regulatory uncertainties and encourages the quick deployment of utility-scale solar power projects.
With the number of solar power construction projects growing steadily, large amounts of equipment will be needed to quickly get these solar farms up and running. Moreover, the industry will also need to employ more and more workers. With all this new equipment and manpower, along with the emerging need to access challenging terrains, the solar power construction industry will need the right transport.
It’s where Flex Fleet Canada can help you. Whether you need two or fifty trucks for your scalable projects, we will provide you with the fleet of vehicles you need to get the job done quickly and effectively.
Why Choose Flex Fleet Canada
Are you wondering what makes us special and different from any other rental company and why you should or with us? Well, the truth is that we have the experience and in-depth knowledge to understand the needs and demands of your crew members. We have well-equipped and brilliantly maintained trucks that will take you and your crew to and from the job site safely, quickly, and comfortably.
Here are some more benefits of reaching out to us to rent trucks for solar power construction projects:
- We provide you with the flexibility to rent as many trucks as you want from us. We have a scalable renting model that allows you to increase and decrease the number of vehicles in your fleet at any time, based on your project needs.
- When you work with us, you don’t have to worry about time-consuming, unnecessary paperwork. We believe in improving the efficiency of the vehicle renting process to make it easier for our clients to rent our fleet vehicles.
- Renting from us will save you from the exorbitant initial costs involved in buying a fleet.
- When you rent our vehicles, you will not have to worry about unforeseen maintenance or repair costs because all of our vehicles are in top shape as we make sure to maintain them timely.
- We also don’t make our clients sign any long-term, unreliable contracts.
- Unlike other rental companies, we give you the green light to take our trucks off-road, making it easier for you to reach any job site, regardless of how far removed it is from paved roads.
- We also deliver our trucks anywhere in the lower 48 states timely.