What is Mining Construction?
Mining is the extraction of minerals from the earth. Very often the materials pulled from the earth include gemstones, limestone, gravel, metals and much more. Mining is required to receive any material not grown through agricultural processes or in a lab. The reason we have gemstones for our rings or coal for our grills is because of mining.
Different Kinds of Mining Construction
Surface mining: This method extracts minerals near the surface of the earth. It includes open pit mining, strip mining, and quarry mining.
Underground mining: This method of mining includes techniques used to remove hard minerals such as gold, silver, nickel, lead and even gemstones.
Mining operations take a lot of work and resources. Mining construction doesn’t just finish overnight and normally takes months to years to complete. It takes many large pieces of machinery and manpower. Machinery such as excavators, dozers and cranes are important when it comes to the mining construction of these projects.
Flambeau Copper Mine in Ladysmith, WI
- Located in the environmentally-sensitive area adjacent to the Chippewa River.
- This project includes pre-production stripping, drilling, blasting and the mining of 17,000,000 tons of ore and waste.
Poplar Grove Mine in Western Kentucky
- This mine is expected to produce 2.8Mt of coal a year throughout its 25 years of existence. Coal is expected to be mined in 2018.
Bingham Canyon Mine in Bingham Canyon, UT
- This mine is the largest man-made excavation in the world.
- It is an open pit mining operation that extracts porphyry copper.
- Every year Kennecott produces about 300 thousand short tons of copper, 400 thousand troy ounces of gold, 4 million troy ounces of silver and about 10 thousand of molybdenum.
How Can Flex Fleet Canada Help?
We understand the amount of work that goes into mining construction. Let us help you with the transportation. Since you’ll be using large and heavy equipment to finish the mining construction, let Flex Fleet Canada carry that for you while you do the real work. Flex Fleet Canada offers pick up truck rentals as well as flatbed rentals for whatever comes your way.
Flex Fleet Canada Vehicles and Towing Capacity:
- ½ pick-up trucks- Towing Capacity up to 9,000 lbs.
- ¾ pick-up trucks- Towing Capacity up to 16,817 lbs.
- 1 ton flatbeds- Towing Capacity up to 18,500 lbs.
- 5 ton flatbeds- Towing Capacity up to 26,6000 lbs.
Visit us at FlexFleetRental.com to see how we can help you with your next mining construction project!