You likely have many projects that require a bit of extra muscle to help out with the heavy lifting. If you do not have the right vehicle available in a short period of time, the first thing that occurs to your mind is how you can go about getting it. Now, getting a Ford 150 leased or renting one are the two most viable options. The question is whether to lease an F150 or to rent it?
Why Ford F150
Leasing a vehicle is the best solution for hauling all the extra load. One of these ½ ton work trucks are very effective in helping you take care of a variety of aspects in the working environment. Here are some of the perks of having a Ford F150 on hand:
- It gives a very good mileage at almost 22 miles per gallon
- It has a substantial heating and cooling system within the cabin that can keep you warm in cold weather and cooler in the blistering summers so you have a comfortable time driving it around while you are on the job
- It features plenty of horsepower to help you breeze through most of the work you need it for on the construction site
- It has a solid cruise control mode to make long haul drives a lot easier
- It is a 6-speed auto transmission boasting vehicle where you will not have to worry about shifting
- Other than the spacious bed for supplies, it also features a comfortable 6-seat cabin to reduce the number of trips you must make for the crew and supplies
Ford F150 Lease or Rental
And now for the more important question: should you go for the Ford F150 lease or a Ford F150 rental?
There are plenty of arguments that you can make for leasing a vehicle – any vehicle. One of the most prominent reasons why people across the industry think that it is better to lease out a vehicle is that by the time you are done making all the lease payments, you usually have the option to purchase it. After all, it is better to own something rather than rent it out, right? Wrong.
Issues With Leasing
In the construction industry or other fleet-based operations, owning a vehicle is not exactly the smartest thing to do. Let’s consider the construction industry. It is primarily a gig-based industry that relies on the aspect of getting a job contract in order to make money rather than a standard monthly salary, right? Now, for a few months, you might find yourself working on contract that will require the vehicle, but after that, you might not need the vehicle.
When you own a vehicle, you do not just have to pay for its costs while you are using it for the job – it costs you money even when it is just sitting in the lot. Essentially, your investment will start costing you more money than the returns.
Before you get to leasing the Ford F150, acquiring it is a lot of hard work with so much paperwork and other acquisition issues that take their sweet time. If you get a contract out of the blue and your crew is in need of a vehicle in a few days, this can cause you some problems.
Why Renting a Ford F150 is Better
Now let’s see why renting out a Ford F150 is better than a Ford F150 lease.
- You do not need to worry yourself about the high acquisition costs like the initial down payment in order to be able to lease the vehicle.
- You will get a company maintained vehicle that is ready to use.
- You will only need to worry about the costs associated with the vehicle as needed. When you are done using the vehicle, you can just return it to the rental company until you need a vehicle again for another job.
- The paperwork is minimal and simple to deal with. You will not have to worry about checking the condition of the vehicle or waste any more time in acquiring the vehicle yourself.
- You can rent out as many or as few vehicles as you need, based on the complexity and scale of the project.
Rent a Ford F150 Through Flex Fleet Canada
As you can see, renting a Ford work truck is better than leasing a Ford F150, but you should know that renting it from just any rental company will not give you all of the advantages. Here are some of the reasons why renting your Ford F150 through Flex Fleet Canada is the best option you can consider.
- You enjoy the standard benefits of getting a Ford F150 on rental plus more.
- You can order one of these to rent out for as little as a four-month period so you won’t have to bother with mandatory long-term commitments with Flex Fleet Canada.
- Flex Fleet Canada is not like other companies and we allow our clients to take the rental vehicles off-road because we understand that some jobs need you to go through some tough conditions.
- We deliver the trucks you need nationwide with all of the permits, paperwork and maintenance already taken care of.
- You can rent out a single vehicle or an entire fleet of vehicles.
- You do not need to worry about the licensing of the vehicle in different states since all of that will be managed by us through our apportioned plates.