We are proud to announce that the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 has been named as 2017’s Fleet Truck of the Year! There were thirty-nine possible vehicles for the prize and Chevrolet took home the gold once again. This is the second time this truck has been given the prestigious title – the last time was back in 2013. Ed Peper, U.S. Vice President of GM Fleet said,
“Being recognized twice as Fleet Truck of the Year is a great accomplishment — it means we are really delivering a Silverado that speaks to our customers’ needs.”
Even though they won this honor once before they did not stop there. Chevrolet continued to improve their Silverado 1500 fleet truck rental to make it even better than before. This all just proves that the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is here to stay, and is only going to get better.
What is nice about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the versatility of it. Whether it’s a family vehicle or a hard-working fleet truck, it has accommodations for both. What’s also great about this truck is fleets have the option to pick what is best for their needs. They can select from different options such as double or crew cab, and 2-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive. Each job is different and will require different accommodations, so you will want to make sure you get exactly what is needed for the job.
Since the Silverado is no stranger to the fleet world, Chevrolet is driven to provide services that fleet drivers find valuable. They understand that you are going to be working hard in this truck and want to provide features that will work in the fleet’s benefit. Peper says,
“The Silverados are designed to keep maintenance and fuel costs low, especially in real world driving when the trucks are loaded and being worked hard. Silverados are also known for their reliable powertrains, backed by our 5/100 warranty, and our durable steel bodies.”
With hard work in mind, here are examples of features this truck offers:
Three EcoTec3 Engine Options
- 3L V-6 SAE-certified with 285 horsepower and 305 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 3L V-8 certified with 355 horsepower and 383 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 2L V-8 which offers 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque.
Fleet Specific Packages
- Fleet Convenience Package: Heated power mirrors, a remote locking tailgate, keyless entry and power windows.
- LT Fleet Convenience Package: LED front fog lamps, rear-window defogger, 110-volt power outlet and a dual-zone climate control.
- LT Fleet Plus Package: Universal home remote, rear sliding window, rear window defogger and power adjustable pedals.
- CornerStep Rear Bumper- This makes it easier for the fleet driver to get in and out of the bed of the truck taking strain off your back and knees. (is this a package option?)
Towing and Payload
You may wonder about two more important components when it comes to fleet truck rentals: towing and payload. Here are some statistics on how the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 can assist you with getting those heavy loads where they need to go.
Towing: When you’re riding in the 6.2L V-8 you can experience a max towing capacity of 12,500 lbs. You can use that towing power for your heavy equipment or to remove waste from the work site.
Payload: The payload for this vehicle is up to 2,250 of maximum payload. In addition to this, the truck includes 5 ft. 8in, 6ft. 6in and 8 ft. long beds, and a lower tailgate and available EZ lift. You’ll be able to fit your crew and tools easily.
Technology in the truck
- OnStar 4G LTE WiFi– Now that WiFi is built into your fleet truck rental, it makes your trips to and from the work site even easier. This supports seven mobile devices and can even work 50 feet away from the Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
- Fleet OnStar Telematics Vehicle Data Reporting– This tool can give you a real insight on how the fleet truck rentals are being used. This can show a variety of reports that will help your fleet be the most efficient it can be.
(Side Note: Fleet Telematics can help to reduce unauthorized vehicle use, increase productivity, reduce operating expenses, reduce labor costs, control fuel costs, increase fleet safety and security, and improve customer service.)
- Silverado’s EchoMaster Trailering Camera System– Silverado adds up to four cameras to help eliminate any blind spots and to move your cargo easier while backing up.
- Safety Belt Assurance System– This system prevents your fleet truck rental from moving until your seat belt is clicked. Safety first!
- Apply CarPlay and Android Auto – Now you don’t have to check your phone, it’s already connected to your fleet truck for a safer, handsfree drive.
- StabiliTrak with Trailer Sway Control Technology– This technology helps with loss of traction on the road or when a trailer is swaying. When these moments happen, your vehicle will automatically apply vehicle and trailer brakes, as well as reduce engine power to help get you back on the road safely.
This adaptable fleet truck rental not only won Fleet Truck of the Year, it was also awarded the highest-ranked large light duty pickup in initial quality by J.D Power two years in a row. Then, they earned the title of the Most-Awarded Commercial Pickup Truck in America. This truck is not being awarded with just fleet awards but awards across industries. The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the truck to have right now and is capable to stand the test of time.
Flex Fleet Canada understands what fleet drivers need to get the work done. We understand that the last thing you want to worry about when working on a project is your fleet truck rentals. We don’t just want to offer a means to an end, but rather the very best for you and your fleet. That’s why we offer our customers access to this great truck.
Here is what Flex Fleet Canada’s Chevrolet Silverado 1500 includes:
- Sits Six People Comfortably
- 6 Speed Auto Transmission
- 15-22 MPG
- Handsfree Phone
- Backup Camera
- Cruise Control
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Towing Capacity of 12,000 lbs.
- Remote Locks and Start
- OnStar 4G WIFI
Let the best truck and fleet truck rental company work for you and reserve your Chevrolet Silverado 1500 today at FlexFleetRental.com.